Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Journey of a Dream

I slept one particular night many years ago, and had a dream.

Just like everybody else, who dream in their sleeps. Some of them say these dreams are a vanity if they were to be carried into our lives. But I became the very few select people who hold aloft their dreams in their eyes while they witness the dawn of the morning and also the dusk of the evening. I, like those few, became a dangerous person who would try at all costs to touch their dreams, who would make risk their best partner to boot with, a person who would not prefer to live under the blanket of security and normalcy like others.

At the core of each and every dream, lies a desire and a potential to be unique as you, as a person. But some people have the same type of dreams, even if they wary only by the slightest of margins, and even some people who hold that dream are sometimes criminally too similar to each other. So what makes you and me different?Then it has to be realized, that the telling story is not about you or the dream. You as a person will still be a nobody unless you understand your dreams and the purpose of it. So the story that defines everything is not about you or your decision to chase that dream. Neither is the story about the dream, becauses what was once a dream may just linger as something less exciting once you reach there. Its not about the urge and promises that the dream plants in your eyes either.

So, it was understood by me long ago, that the telling story is not about the man, or the man who became a legend, or the lady who became a princess, nor is it about the dream, whatever nature or size the dream may be and may have been. So the story is all about the journey.The journey because it connects the man to his dream.Because, life, in its very essence, is a journey. And that telling story that defines the man and the dream, is always going to be the story of the journey.And I, like Robert Frost wrote around nine decades ago, have decided to take the road 'less' taken, and i have chosen that road to lead me to my dream.Today, I am standing at a new dawn, only halfway through the journey, and have loved my loneliness in this silent road on which very few people have ever travelled in. But I look at the sun today, and the green leaves, and beautiful sign of nature, and I know, I'm not alone. The whole universe is with me, preparing themselves to conspire to make me touch my dream even in the most unlikeliest of situations.And like the boy shrperd by the name of Santiago, I have passed my first tests of temptation, because true love never diverts you from your destination.


And for that, I shall continue this bewildering journey, and leave my footsteps to be followed by the next dreamer who would choose this path.


Ram Anand

January 20 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment